Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Reflection in the mirror

As I stare in the mirror this new person stares back at me. She is very different than the girl who used to stare back at me 8 years ago. This woman has a smile that shows she is so thankful for the life God has blessed her with. A smile that chases years of happiness ahead. Her eyes give a brief glimpse in her past of pain once endured. She stands strong today.  Once misunderstood and lost, now hopeful and settled.  She whispers to me the words, ”Thank You”. It is then that I realized that deep sense of gratitude wasn't just for her current destination... It was for the journey along the way.  Those experiences both bad and good created this new person now staring back at me... So the girl from 8 years ago is never forgotten, it just took a while til she found me....


No comments:

Post a Comment